Monday, December 30, 2013

Something fun for a few more days.....

http://bluenickelstudios.com/?p=6544


I've been enjoying making bee blocks for the last few months.  I think it is a gas to get someone else's chosen palette and see what I can come up with for them.  I've also been just casually following Scott Hansen over at Blue Nickel Studios for the 12 Days of Color. Well, it started casually; now I can't wait to see what he does next!

He has been making up the blocks from Auriful's Designer BOM 2013 for the last week or so.  It is amazing to see how these blocks come out with very different fabrics.  He's fearless when it comes to using large prints, smaller prints, Kona solids, and Moda Grunge with these blocks!  In fact, he's done 4 blocks for each day of the event.

Today was day 9, and there are just a few days left.  Hop on over and see what he's up to!  Not only is it amazing and educational, especially if you're thinking about doing multiple blocks, like I am for the bees, he has a giveaway going too for Aurifil Threads and assorted FQ's of fabrics.  

Details here!

1 comment:

  1. So interesting! I had never come up with some of the color combinations and not even dreamed of big pattern fabrics - lol. Have to follow that blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am happy for all comments and I will try to answer each one if I can!