Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Bye Bye 2013


What a year!  I sewed quite a bit more than I thought, but I had a bunch of fallow months too.  
I'm still getting a handle on depression, but I feel hopeful.
I can see I focused more on smaller makes, as I only made 4 doll quilts.  But I also made a sofa caddy pincushion, tons of bee blocks, drawstring bags from two different patterns, and an apron, linen towels, an assortment of hotpads and coasters, 6 pillows, and a curtain for the front door.
 I finished ONE lap quilt!  I made my first artist trading card!  I made a tea cozy!  I made a blouse with my daughter.  It's been a pretty good year.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizziebird/11665148744/ 

I also got reaquainted with my camera and I've been taking a pic a day (at least!) for the last two months.  I look forward to keeping that up and taking better pictures of not only nature, but my quilting too and fabric love too.


 

Next year, I'm looking forward to sewing larger makes!  2014 will be the year to do full sized quilts and really learn quilting on a larger scale.  I've got more Zakka I'd like to sew, a few UFO's that I want to  get back to, and a bunch of blogging. I'm so thankful for everyone that has taken the time to read along here, even though I've been a bit hit or miss, to say the least.  

Here's to a great 2014!  See you on the other side :D
Hugs,
Lizzie in Sweden

5 comments:

  1. A happy new Sew year to you and many enjoying hours of quilting.
    Britt-Inger in Malmö

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you've had some lovely makes! Hope this is a year full of continued growth and wholeness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad friend that you are back writing , you are a good friend, i suffer from the d. word because of losing 2 boys, after they were grown. love to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New 2014 Year Lizzie! What a productive and colourful year you had. Love your photos of nature, they bring comfort and joy to me. Be inspired and keep creating lovely things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I am happy for all comments and I will try to answer each one if I can!